do you ever notice how like, we have our own language for fanfic that only readers understand?
“36k wip destiel hs au on ao3”
I can’t believe I understood all those words
oh my god
we have to in order to hide what we’re actually reading
If Akatsuki Had Tumblrs. .. .
- Pein: Social Justice Blog. He covers everything, and while he started out super idealistic and happy happy lets love everyone guys, the attitudes of the people around him have slowly eroded his online personality, and he’s become bitter and his blog is actually kind of negative. In spite of this, he does his best to carry on, but there’s generally a lot of drama. Konan occasionally hacks his blog to delete anon comments for him. He does a lot of news coverage and signal boosts a lot of stuff. Tags everything.
- Konan: She posts a lot of advice for people on pretty graphics. Actually, she does a lot of pretty graphics and not all of it has advice. Almost all of the advice is 100% her own words, but she’s never actually said this, so sometimes she gets asks like “Where did you get this quote?” and she’s always like “I don’t really remember”, which makes her seem really aloof. But she’s not, and she makes an effort to get to know her followers, even though she’s pretty popular, like, almost tumblr famous.
- Itachi: Tumblr famous. He posted a selfie of him and his brother once, and things just kind of went haywire, but mostly he posts essays about philosophy and occasionally digs up some sort of obscure legend or fairy tale and muses about that. He doesn’t make a lot of personal posts per se, but his blog is very introverted. He follows Sasuke’s blog, but Sasuke doesn’t follow him back. For some reason, people who don’t follow him always think he posts copious amounts of selfies, even though it’s just that one picture. Because he’s posted dessert recipes once or twice, he gets a lot of asks recommending sweet foods, but he rarely responds to anything anyone sends.
- Kisame: Blogs about weapons and medieval torture methods. Hidan’s created a sideblog so he can follow him without Kisame knowing because of that. Kisame’s blog is actually pretty terrifying, but he’s super nice to his followers and pretty easy to approach. He gives terrible advice, though, and sometimes hassles people on anon. Tags things, but doesn’t tag for triggers.
- Deidara: Runs an art blog? Kind of? He posts videos of stuff exploding, so he’s pretty popular, but not as popular as Itachi, which makes him furious, and he’s tried to start a lot of drama with Itachi about it, but since Itachi never responds to asks ever it has not worked even a little. All that’s happened is that Deidara’s been chewed out by some of Itachi’s followers and given up. He has a link to Sasori’s blog on his main page, and occasionally reblogs him to make rude comments. Gets ignored.
- Sasori: Ball jointed dolls. Everywhere. He has a couple of lists of good places to get BJDs and BJD material, but the rest of it is basically all just pictures of his dolls. He’s pretty popular with doll enthusiasts, even outside of Tumblr, but doesn’t have anyone following him who’s not a doll enthusiast, except for Deidara, who hassles him but is once again deflected. Pretty much only ever answers asks if they’re about dolls, otherwise he’ll ignore you. People have tried establishing a friendship with him once or twice, but as soon as conversation is not about dolls, he ignores them.
- Hidan: NSFW blog full of fetish stuff. Talks about his sex life a lot. Flirts with people over messaging systems. Is generally obnoxious. Doesn’t tag anything, and doesn’t really reblog anything either. 100% original content.
- Kakuzu: Is kind of a scam artist, but mostly he just complains about the economy and not getting paid enough. Reblogs anything about gaining or saving interest and posts about his campaigns on funding sites, even though he doesn’t really do anything useful. Not a whole lot of followers, but that doesn’t really bother him.
- Tobi: Posts inspirational posts, but hassles people on anon. He can be way crueler than Kisame, but he always has a reason, at least in his opinion. Starts a lot of drama. Ends a lot of drama. His blog is basically just drama and he has a lot of followers who are honestly just trolls. He tries to do anti-social justice sometimes, but doesn’t have a whole lot of drive for it.
- Zetsu: Posts food. Cute food. Hideous food. Fancy recipes, cheap recipes that seem fancy when you eat them. 100% food, 100% of the time. Food for special dietary needs. Food with special ingrediants. Food food food. Doesn’t post anything else, not even “WOW THANKS FOR ALL THE FOLLOWERS” so even though he has a lot of followers and some delicious recipes, most everyone thinks he’s a bot. He doesn’t care. He just posts more food.